A Smart Hammond Flood Detector Alerts You Of Water Leaking Before Excessive Damage Occurs
Cracked basement walls, old pipes, poorly sealed windows -- these are all problems that can cause significant water damage in your house. In many cases, these are the soggy or damp difficulties that you find after the fact. Even a leaky washing machine or water heater can lead to expensive repairs if not fixed at once.
However, when you incorporate a Hammond monitored flood detector to your home security system, you can find a leak or excess water before your home becomes a disaster zone. The wireless sensor notifies you to early indications of water leaks with a high-decibel siren and a message to your mobile device. Your ADT team will also inform you when the flood detector is activated.
Why Use A Monitored Flood Detector In Hammond?
Nobody wants to walk down the stairs to discover that your bottom floor is now a pool of water with your belongings floating on top. Thankfully, a Hammond flood detector can identify leaking and water infiltration before you lose thousands due to property damage. Here’s how you can benefit:
- Sensitive reed switch water sensor: The advanced-tech system is designed to identify dripping or standing water instead of moisture in the air -- so it's acceptable for use in areas like bathrooms where damp conditions are present.
- Place anywhere in your home thanks to wireless connection: Smart sensors offer wireless connectivity and a lithium battery rated for 4 years. You can place your flood detector with confidence behind your toilets, under sinks, behind water heaters or any location where water damage may occur.
- Phone alerts when you're not home: Sump pump failures and leaks have a habit of happening when you're not at home. When your Hammond flood detector senses a water problem, it will send an emergency alert to your mobile device.
- ADT monitoring brings you peace of mind: In addition to a high-decibel alarm and phone notifications, your smart device will alert your 24-7 ADT team. Your monitoring technicians will immediately contact you and provide the assistance you need.
Your Mobile App Makes Your Hammond Flood Detector Work As Part of Your Home Automation
Time is of the essence when it comes to water leaks. By using the ADT Control app, you have the ability to mobilize your home’s automation and make it easier when emergency assistance comes to your location. Leveraging your automation controls helps when you’re at the property, but critical when you’re miles away. With a monitored Hammond flood detector you can:
- Receive notifications on your phone when flowing water is detected.
- Remotely unlock doors and disable security alarms for emergency response teams.
- Adjust heat on your thermostat to stop further pipe freezing.
- Scan high-definition video from your camera system to determine how water entered and get an idea of the damage.
- Keep in persistent connection with your 24-hour ADT team.
Your Advanced Home Security With Flood Detection Starts With A Free Quote
Flood detectors and additional home safety devices are all part of a thorough security installation through Secure24 Alarm Systems. When you contact our professionals, we’ll assist you in finding the best solution to match your property needs. Make the call to (219) 207-5149 today or submit the form on this page to get a free estimate.