Security cameras can easily be installed as a deterrent—a sign that tells would-be thieves or intruders that “we know you’re there.” Or you can utilize your video surveillance to tighten your home’s security.
Fortunately, today’s security cameras are outfitted with a number of additions all tailor-made to provide all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording capabilities and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and lightspeed motion detection, these additions help you to get the most from home security cameras in Hammond.
How To Set Up Your Hammond Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is placing the components in the right spots within your living space. Indoor security cameras should be placed in high traffic spots such as the kitchen or den. It’s also a great move to have a camera looking at main doors, stairs, or other centralized areas thieves would have to pass to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear sightline of your porch, front walk, and backyard, shed, and other exterior isolated buildings, like sheds. Then access a view of your front porch through a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places inside your interior that aren’t quite as important to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and basements without a good entryway to the outside. Privacy for you and your guests should be a primary regard before installing a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need a form of security in bedrooms.
Additions That Elevate Security Cameras
Component location is only the foundation for getting the utmost from home security cameras in Hammond. The features shown below help to optimize security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See automatic alerts on your smart device anytime unusual motion is sensed. You can also set cameras to automatically start capturing footage when movements are detected which will add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Configure your video surveillance to record and store clips so you can view them at your convenience.
- Two-way audio: The majority of today’s security cameras have a built-in intercom and speaker so you are able to converse with people via the camera. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re home or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Wide field of vision: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that allow for a minimum of 120° wide angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Ensure your video surveillance come with either infrared or LED sensors that will produce footage of overnight activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, program activity zones. For example, you can configure your doorbell camera to inform you of activity happening on your yard or your driveway and overlook animals passing or foot traffic.
- Mobile app: security app, like ADT Control®, allow you to watch live camera feeds, control cameras, arm or disarm the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the sense unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Security Cameras Today
Getting the most out of your security cameras in Hammond is easier. From rapid motion detection to two-way audio, your home security system is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (219) 207-5149 or fill out the form below to begin customizing your home security system today.