Modern smart security solutions are becoming more advanced by the day. With that being said, you may still forget to complete simple security duties like arming your a security system, closing the garage, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you never had to remember doing these things again? When utilizing geofencing in Hammond, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Hammond For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual perimeter along the sides of your property, which you are able to arrange in your cell phone app. The technology then uses your cell phone to deduce when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
What Makes Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart implements take advantage of to communicate with other connected equipment. The technology assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto the same network. You can then draw a virtual “fence” around your property and program particular actions when you go past the specified border.
To illustrate, shortly after you exit your premises, you can instruct your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and turn on your alarm. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will inform your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, turn on lights, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
These are some of the devices you can control with geofencing:
● Smart lights and outlets
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics like speakers or TVs
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are At Your Fingertips With Your Mobile Security App
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your home’s security system in Hammond. When you download the security app, you are able to do a lot with smart home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Enable Scheduling: arrange your smart components to operate at the times of your choice. Instruct your lighting to dim to indicate that it's bedtime, or disengage your home’s alarm as you start your day.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make particular components activate in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to activate the exhaust fan when the fire alarm trips. Or illuminate your hall’s smart light if your doorbell camera notices abnormal activity outside.
● Set a scene: Design scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Make your lights turn off, the A/C go down, and the smart door locks activate when it's time for bed. Or program the system for movie night with the right light and thermostat settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: You may not always remember to enable your alarm when you're hurrying to get out the door. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Hammond
Whether you seek added certainty of a completely secure residence whenever you drive away or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing is a wise choice. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (219) 207-5149 or send in the following form to begin customizing your ideal security system.